Out of hours contact information (or in the event of a failure of our telephone system)
How to get healthcare advice and assistance when the practice is closed
- If you need medical help fast but it’s not an emergency call 111
- If it’s a life-threatening emergency call 999
- If you need an urgent appointment at the weekend please ring: 0191 4862195 to book an appointment in a Hub.
Calls to 111 are FREE from landlines and mobiles and are available 24/7, 365 days per year.
When to call 111
- you think you need to go to A&E or to another NHS urgent care service
- your GP surgery is closed and you need healthcare advice
- you don’t know who to call for medical help.
When to call 999
Call 999 for life threatening emergencies such as:
- Major accident or trauma
- Severe breathlessness
- Severe bleeding
- Loss of consciousness
- Severe chest pain.
During normal practice opening hours, the practice remains your first point of contact for all routine requests.
For more information about NHS 111.
Make a complaint
We hope you are happy with the services provided at our surgery. If you wish to comment or make any suggestions for improving the services, please bring it to the attention of the practice manager. Complaints can be made verbally or in writing. If you require any help or advice about making your complaint the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) can help. You can find details of who to contact via our links page.